Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
The Birchwood Medical Practice has a Patient Participation Group (PPG). It is affiliated as a member of the National Association for Patient Participation.
What is a Patient Group?
A selection of patients and/or practice staff who meet at regular intervals to decide ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to its patients.
Purpose of having a Patient Participation Group
- To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their practice
- To provide the means for patients to make positive suggestions about the practice and patient healthcare
- To have a representative group that can be called on to influence the local provision of services and healthcare.
- To improve communication between the practice and the patients.
- To encourage a spirit of self help and support amongst patients to improve their health and well being.
How can you contact the Patient Participation Group?
You can leave messages at the reception desk or email the practice on: LIWccg.C83082@nhs.net
Patients are welcome to attend the quarterly PPG meetings, If is not displayed please ask the receptionist for the next date.
The next meeting will be on Thursday, 5th March 2020 at 17.30pm.
Patient Practice Group Signup
Patient Practice Group Contact Form
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.