- Antenatal checks to monitor health of the mother and growth and development of baby
- Continuity of care by practice midwife who works within a small team
- Health education for pregnancy and parenthood
- Professional advice and information enabling women to make informed choices about their care and place of birth
- Home or hospital birth
- 24 hour access to midwifery service
- Postnatal care at home until 10 days after the birth
You will be seen by the midwife in the Maternity Hub at 10-11 weeks to take initial blood tests and arrange booking for services.
You will also have an ultrasound to date the pregnancy at 12 weeks.
From 16 weeks the community midwife will see you regularly at the ante natal clinic by appointment.
At the appointment your blood pressure and urine will be checked and also the size of your abdomen. The appointments are twenty minutes and opportunity for questions will be available at every visit.
Pregnant patients will be able to access services to the midwife, health visitor, smoking cessation service and community services within the Children's centre (Maternity Hub) on Birchwood Avenue.
A Tour of the Labour Ward
A tour of the labour ward is available on Saturdays and Sundays at 13:30. There is no need to book. Meet on Nettleham Ward, Lincoln County Hospital.
Post Natal Care
Your midwife will visit you at home the day after you leave hospital with your baby.
She will visit you up to 10 days following the birth after which your care will be handed over to the Health Visitor.
Lincolnshire Community Health Services
- 01522 502011
The health visitors are not based in the medical practice.